TSSF Franciscan AidTSSF Franciscan Aid Organisation
Franciscan Aid (Charity no. 285413)
The Family Charity of the TSSF European Province, increasingly being supported by all TSSF Provinces
Franciscan Aid relies for funding on contributions from Tertiaries and friends. These contributions are made by standing orders, gifts, collections and legacies etc. The aim of Franciscan Aid, as stated in our constitution, is to use the funds to try to alleviate poverty in the developing world.
All Trustees are professed Tertiaries: there are currently seven, plus three ex-officio (Minister General, Minister Provincial, Minister General SSF) and we meet once every four months in London at the Oratory of St Alphege in Southwark. There we consider the funding of ongoing projects and applications for new projects, all of which must be proposed and sponsored by a member of the First or Third Order.
The Trustees resolve to improve communications with the Third Order and so we hope to publish more detailed information about the projects that Franciscan Aid supports. This we do through this web site, our Newsletter, and by Trustees giving presentations at Area meetings.
If you would like to invite a speaker to explain the work of Franciscan Aid and to answer your questions.
Area Secretaries or Ministers, please get in touch with us to make such arrangements. Telephone: 01572 821870, or email email@example.com
The kind of projects we support include: financial help for families with AIDS in Zimbabwe; school equipment for children in Uganda; aid to women undergoing fistula surgery in Uganda; food, and books for hostel children in West Bengal; and books for hostel children in West Bengal; support for Conventual Franciscans working with very poor children in West Bengal; building wells in the Gobi Desert, Mongolia; playground equipment for children in Bethlehem; hearing aids for children at a special school in Palestine.
Suggest a Project
Anyone can suggest a project to the Board.
Dates of our meetings held in June, October and January can be found under the Events – click here
How to support the work of Franciscan Aid
- Participate in our annual Franciscan Aid Weekend, which is held on the first Saturday after Ascension Day (1st June 2019 is the first date). You could choose to do one … or more! …. of the following suggestions which could be done alone or with friends, with your church or with your local Franciscan group :
- Organize a walk to raise funds to support the work of Franciscan Aid
- Spend some time in prayer in support of the charity’s work
- Take time to reflect on personal or community giving to Franciscan Aid
- Ask local groups to put up displays about Franciscan Aid in their local churches
- Hold a coffee morning to raise funds for the charity
- Arrange a Bring-and-Buy to raise some money for Franciscan Aid
- Ask your local Franciscan group or your Area Day to focus on Franciscan Aid and its work at one of its meetings
- You can download the Franciscan Aid Newsletters from this site, or if you would like leaflets to publicise and support your activity, or would like a speaker to come to one of your meetings, please do contact the secretary firstname.lastname@example.org.Any money raised can be sent by cheque, made payable to Franciscan Aid, to the Treasurer, currently: Roland Randall TSSF, Treasurer, Franciscan Aid, St Francis Toft, The Green, Hilton, Huntingdon, PE28 9NB
- Please pray for the projects and the people involved;
- Consider becoming a Trustee one day;
- Sponsor a project in a poor country;
- Promote our charity in Churches, WIs, and social groups. We are very happy to provide information leaflets for you to distribute, do contact our secretary.
- Please share your knowledge of situations in developing world countries with the Trustees, or let the secretary know, and continue to support Franciscan Aid financially; all donations will be put to very good use as we do not have the considerable overheads of larger charities
Please share your knowledge of situations in developing world countries with the Trustees and continue to support Franciscan Aid financially; all donations will be put to very good use as we do not have the considerable overheads of larger charities.
Franciscan Aid information from the Charity Commissioners Website