Justice Peace and the Integrity of Creation
As Anglican members of the First Order and Third Order of the Society of St. Francis of the European Province, we are inspired by St Francis and St Clare to compassionate action grounded in contemplative prayer.
The Second Aim of the Third Order: To spread the spirit of love and harmony.
The Order sets out, in the name of Christ, to break down barriers between people and to seek equality for all. We accept as our second aim the spreading of a spirit of love and harmony among all people. We are pledged to fight against the ignorance, pride, and prejudice that breed injustice or partiality of any kind.
Members of The Third Order fight against all injustice in the name of Christ, in whom there can be neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female; for in him all are one. Our chief object is to reflect that openness to all which was characteristic of Jesus. This can only be achieved in a spirit of chastity, which sees others as belonging to God and not as a means of self-fulfilment.
As Tertiaries, we are prepared not only to speak out for social justice and international peace, but to put these principles into practice in our own lives, cheerfully facing any scorn or persecution to which this may lead.
Prayers for 31st May
Let us pray for all displaced persons, whether forced from their homes by natural disaster, war, politics or abduction, remembering particularly the Nigerian schoolgirls.
To contact the JPIC Network please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JPIC Papers
- Persecuted Christians
- The Ethics of Stabilising Human Populations
- The Thinning of the Ozone Layer
- Francis: A Very Modern Ecologist
- Booklist: Understanding the environment
- Why should Franciscan’s care about Environmental and Trade Justice issues?
- The Care of Sister Water
- Slogans and Labels
- Every time we see a Rainbow
- Climate change - the greatest threat to creation?
- Christians and the Environment
- Change, Challenge and Summits
- Amos Trust Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
- JPIC Newsletters
- JPIC Campaigns
- Prayers Of Peace
- News & Views
- JPIC Steering Committee Reports