Please help us make a film about Francis!
We plan to make a film this summer based on Paul Alexander TSSF’s well-known one-man performance: “The Life of St Francis”. Film crew and actors are booked to film at Hilfield Friary in July 2014. Fund-raising has begun, but more is needed to meet the £35K initial minimum cost.
SEE PAUL AT:
Many tertiaries will have seen, or heard of, Paul’s one-man performance. He’s performed it countless times across the world over nearly four decades. Now the time’s come not just to record it for TSSF, but also to make a film version available internationally. So this is a work of mission – to make our Lord, and his servant Francis, known and loved throughout the world in line with our Aims.
The actors and crew are professionals, some of them recent film school graduates. They’re giving their time and skills for token payment, partly excited about the film itself but also because we expect a big market for the resulting DVD within the international Franciscan family and the wider church.
Paul Alexander joined TSSF Provincial Chapter in March. As a result of discussion there Averil Swanton, our Minister Provincial says:
“TSSF’s Provincial Chapter is glad to support Paul Alexander’s vision for a film of the life of St Francis. TSSF cannot take responsibility for such a project, but Chapter wishes it well and will give some practical help, including the banking arrangements below. Most of all, we encourage tertiaries to help to fund this exciting Franciscan initiative.”
How to help fund the film
We have already raised £13k but need to raise at least £22k more by the end of June – filming in July cannot be postponed, as all is now in place! We are asking for advance purchase of the DVD, and/or substantial donations or loans. As examples, you can:
- Contribute a £30 advance payment – for the DVD, an element of donation plus a Study Guide for use with TSSF or church groups, or other mission activity OR
- Donate a substantial sum (e.g. we have already had pledges of £6000 from 5 tertiaries) for as high an amount as possible! OR
- Offer an interest-free loan (e.g. we have had one pledge of £4,000) subject to repayment being made possible through successful sales of the DVD
How to make payments or to offer a loan
- Cheques to “Third Order SSF” should be sent to John Reynolds; Bursar; Hilfield Friary, Dorchester, Dorset, DT2 7BE. Please write “FILM” on the back, the type of payment and your name if it’s not on the front – and do say if Gift Aid applies.
- Alternatively you can make an electronic payment, and Gift Aid it, at the BT My Donate charity giving website at https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/deniseeasteal1
- Or if you wish to offer a loan please contact John Reynolds at Hilfield.
Do contact any of us on the steering group to discuss any funding or other queries: Paul Alexander (TSSF), Denise Easteal (TSSF), John Fox (TSSF) John Reynolds (TSSF Treasurer) email@example.com. John Wiltshire (TSSF Chapter link)