You are invited to ‘Forming Franciscan Community’, an opportunity to find encouragement and help in building up the life of the Order.
It takes place on Saturdays in November 2016 at two locations in northern England:
Forming Franciscan community is designed with local group Convenors and fellow Area Team members in mind. It will be especially valuable to those who have recently taken on a role in TSSF. However any Tertiary will be very welcome to attend, whether you hold an office or not. It runs from 11.00 a.m. until 5.00 p.m. in Berwick and Manchester, both within walking distance of mainline stations.
These events follow a similar day held in London last year, reported in Issue 8 (March 2016) of Little Portion – take a look at page 21 to find out more.
We will explore together how our Local Groups and Areas can help us grow in two themes of Francis’ life – gospel life and fraternity. We will reflect on the many ways Franciscan vocation is expressed in the Order, and how our life together can nourish it for each member. You will be able to pick up a wealth of ideas from fellow Tertiaries to enrich community life – whether at local, Area or provincial level – and let loose the gifts of our profession.
Please book by clicking on the relevant link below, and providing details of what you would like to gain for yourself and the TSSF community:
Comments from the 2015 event
- Deepened my sense of TSSF as part of the wider church and society
- A broader view of the problems and opportunities faced by local groups
- A fund of good ideas for all sorts of things
- The camaraderie of fellow Tertiaries – wonderful!
- Opened my eyes, hugely helpful
- New ideas to put to the Team
- Challenged my dogmas and opinions
- What an inspiring group we are!