TSSF aims at inclusivity wherever reasonably possible. Once aspect of this is document preparation bearing in mind the needs of people who have difficulty reading, e.g. those who are partially sighted.
Here is a short checklist to bear in mind for any web or paper documents
- Use a Sans Serif font (e.g. Arial or Verdana; not Calibri as it lacks contrast)
- A minimum of 12 point (14pt may mean special large print copies are less often required)
- Text aligned to the left (ragged right margin)
- Use black text on a white or cream background
- Use a single column or, for long lines, distinct space between columns
This is discussed at more length in the Chapter Handbook.