TSSF Convocation – the final session
Text of Nicholas Henshall’s summary (this is based on his informal notes)
Videos of the Final Presentations from the 6 groups:
- Making an impact – https://youtu.be/fWUxs1BAWpE
- Going Deeper in Prayer – https://youtu.be/2o2EPaECTpY
- Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation – https://youtu.be/Nv_SokekeEw
(that is an ‘underscore’ between Nv and So)
- Energy – https://youtu.be/J8WaO4cooyE
( O4 is an O not a zero)
- Growing the Third Order – https://youtu.be/BXPQtOyuqgY
(Oy is again an O not zero and the last 4 characters are yuqgY)
- Structure – https://youtu.be/GjhJxVc98y4
Chapter is looking to appoint a New Provincial formation Guardian & Trustee.
All Professed Tertiaries in the Province are invited prayerfully to consider whether this is a call they should answer, or perhaps whether they can think of a fellow-Tertiary they would encourage to offer to serve the Order in this extremely important role.
The following documents are available here and have been sent to Area Teams:
If there is more than one person nominated, voting papers will be sent to Areas as soon possible after 10th August and voting will close on Tuesday 26th September 2017 – with the elected candidate expected to attend Chapter in February & June for the handover process and to take up office with Chapter’s blessing at the end of June 2018 Chapter.
Garry Ward – Returning Officer July 2017
Two completely different new items have been added to the website:
- A new version of the Area Team Handbook.
- An article from Paul Alexander on the Province of the Americas Centennial Convocation (original DOCX file).
The same article as a PDF file (with some odd layout problems which we may manage to sort).
A shortened version of this is intended for Little Portion.
Click on the text above to find these.
Chris Petrie, 6th July 2017
A day gathering following those that took place in 2015 and 2016. Full details are in a document you may open.
The information is also in the “Third Order Retreats and Events” calendar.
The following information about the funeral of our former Bishop Protector has been supplied by the PA to +Rachel, Bishop of Gloucester who wanted SSF to be informed.
The Funeral Eucharist of the Right Reverend Michael Perham will be held at Gloucester Cathedral on Saturday 6 May at 2.00 pm.
All are welcome. Please note that there will not be a memorial service at a future date.
Robing: Bishops and deans are invited to robe plus the Cathedral Chapters of Gloucester and Wells. All other clergy are requested not to robe.
Parking: Due to major building works there is no parking available outside the cathedral. Parking advice can be found here. http://www.gloucestercathedral.org.uk/visit/plan-your-visit/find-us/ Please be aware that there is a rugby match in Gloucester in the afternoon.
Flowers: The family have requested no flowers.
There will be a retiring collection for Gloucestershire Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers. GARAS’ purpose is to provide support to asylum seekers, refugees and other migrants.
Gift Aid envelopes will be available.
For those wishing to make a donation direct to GARAS:
Cheques can be paid payable to GARAS Ltd and posted to 111 Barton Street, Gloucester. GL1 4HR
HSBC Bank sort code 40-22-09 Account number 0177671
Refreshments: Unfortunately due to the number of people we are unable to provide refreshments for everyone after the service. However, there are a number of cafes, pubs and restaurants in walking distance of the cathedral.
We would be grateful for your assistance in sharing this information with anyone you know who might like to attend.
With our thanks and good wishes.
The Rt Revd Rachel Treweek The Very Revd Stephen Lake
This website is currently being reviewed, updated and (we hope) improved.
- If you can’t find something where it used to be, try using the “Search” box near the top right of each page. If that doesn’t help email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know about the problem.
- If you have comments or suggestions about changes we have made or about changes you think would be good, email email@example.com.
- One of the aims of the website project is to make maintaining and updating the website easier; this should mean that people without much IT expertise could contribute to the work of the web team and we should be glad to hear from Tertiaries who think they might be able to offer some time to this work.
Chris Petrie, March 2017
(on behalf of the web team)
Jamie Hacker Hughes has been elected as Minister Provincial for the European Province, taking up office in June 2017. See http://tssf.org.uk/resources/information/nominations-for-chapter-office-holders/ for more information.
Voting papers , electoral addresses of the 7 candidates and supportng statements by the proposers of each, have been sent to Areas and are also on the TSSF website at http://tssf.org.uk/resources/information/nominations-for-chapter-office-holders/ All Professed Tertiaries in the European Province are strongly encouraged to vote, after prayerful consideration. You have till 17th January 2017.
Information about new Study & Prayer events has been added to the Study & Prayer web page.
The latest Minutes of Provincial Chapter (Part A – not confidential to Chapter) – those for June and October 2016 – have been made avaiable on the website. Links to these PDF files are at http://tssf.org.uk/resources/information/chapter-minutes/