A change in website management is under way. One thing to note is that people should email email@example.com and not my personal email address, which many have done; that was fine while I did the job! I now hope for a quiet life for a little while.
The latest intercessions have been uploaded to the TSSF website and are to be found at the intercessions web page. They are also to be found, day by day, in the Community Obedience pages.
John Hebenton, formerly Minister Provincial for the Province of the Pacific (Aotearoa-New Zealand and Polynesia with Melanesia), was elected to succeed Ken Norian at the recent Inter-Provincial Third Order Chapter.
The Press Release linked here has more information.
Another photo from IPTOC – Tertiaries from all Provinces
Thanks to Ken Norian, retiring Minister General, who posted this on Facebook. [He knows I have “borrowed” it!]
As a result of the election for a Provincial Formation Guardian, we are pleased to welcome Sarah Cawdell (Area Formation Guardian, Wyvern Area) to be our Provincial Formation Guardian Elect (subject to ratification by the Bishop Protector).
Posted on behalf of Martin Allen, Provincial Secretary.
TSSF Convocation – the final session
Text of Nicholas Henshall’s summary (this is based on his informal notes)
Videos of the Final Presentations from the 6 groups:
- Making an impact – https://youtu.be/fWUxs1BAWpE
- Going Deeper in Prayer – https://youtu.be/2o2EPaECTpY
- Justice, Peace and Integrity of Creation – https://youtu.be/Nv_SokekeEw
(that is an ‘underscore’ between Nv and So)
- Energy – https://youtu.be/J8WaO4cooyE
( O4 is an O not a zero)
- Growing the Third Order – https://youtu.be/BXPQtOyuqgY
(Oy is again an O not zero and the last 4 characters are yuqgY)
- Structure – https://youtu.be/GjhJxVc98y4
Two completely different new items have been added to the website:
- A new version of the Area Team Handbook.
- An article from Paul Alexander on the Province of the Americas Centennial Convocation (original DOCX file).
The same article as a PDF file (with some odd layout problems which we may manage to sort).
A shortened version of this is in Little Portion Issue 11.
Click on the text above to find these.
Chris Petrie, 6th July 2017, revised 25th August 2017
A day gathering following those that took place in 2015 and 2016. Full details are in a document you may open.
The information is also in the “Third Order Retreats and Events” calendar.
The following information about the funeral of our former Bishop Protector has been supplied by the PA to +Rachel, Bishop of Gloucester who wanted SSF to be informed.
The Funeral Eucharist of the Right Reverend Michael Perham will be held at Gloucester Cathedral on Saturday 6 May at 2.00 pm.
All are welcome. Please note that there will not be a memorial service at a future date.
Robing: Bishops and deans are invited to robe plus the Cathedral Chapters of Gloucester and Wells. All other clergy are requested not to robe.
Parking: Due to major building works there is no parking available outside the cathedral. Parking advice can be found here. http://www.gloucestercathedral.org.uk/visit/plan-your-visit/find-us/ Please be aware that there is a rugby match in Gloucester in the afternoon.
Flowers: The family have requested no flowers.
There will be a retiring collection for Gloucestershire Action for Refugees and Asylum Seekers. GARAS’ purpose is to provide support to asylum seekers, refugees and other migrants.
Gift Aid envelopes will be available.
For those wishing to make a donation direct to GARAS:
Cheques can be paid payable to GARAS Ltd and posted to 111 Barton Street, Gloucester. GL1 4HR
HSBC Bank sort code 40-22-09 Account number 0177671
Refreshments: Unfortunately due to the number of people we are unable to provide refreshments for everyone after the service. However, there are a number of cafes, pubs and restaurants in walking distance of the cathedral.
We would be grateful for your assistance in sharing this information with anyone you know who might like to attend.
With our thanks and good wishes.
The Rt Revd Rachel Treweek The Very Revd Stephen Lake
This website is currently being reviewed, updated and (we hope) improved.
- If you can’t find something where it used to be, try using the “Search” box near the top right of each page. If that doesn’t help email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know about the problem.
- If you have comments or suggestions about changes we have made or about changes you think would be good, email email@example.com.
- One of the aims of the website project is to make maintaining and updating the website easier; this should mean that people without much IT expertise could contribute to the work of the web team and we should be glad to hear from Tertiaries who think they might be able to offer some time to this work.
Chris Petrie, March 2017
(on behalf of the web team)