The Governance Working Group completed its task on 14th June 2014.
The TSSF Chapter Handbook was approved at the meeting of Provincial Chapter on 13-14 June 2014.
After more than 2 years, a version (TSSF_ChapterHandbook_June2014) was sent to Members of Provincial Chapter in advance of the June 2014 meeting.
Comments may still be sent to email@example.com though the Working Group has finished its work. Anything sent in will be considered and forwarded to the appropriate person.
A Draft Chapter Handbook (with some sections still being developed) was made available in June 2013 for any Tertiary who wishes to comment.
A revised version, taking account of comments received by the end of August, was presented by the Working Group to the October 2013 Chapter. For those still wishing to comment after the October Chapter, you may do so until the end of January 2014. Chapter will subsequently make final decisions and implement its use. The June 2014 Chapter will, we hope, see the Handbook signed off. Of course it will never be an absolute and unalterable document.
There is also a short document on an induction process which is proposed for new Chapter members. Area Teams might like to consider using some of these ideas (perhaps in a less formal way).
For convenience some earlier material is available here which some people may find helpful. Ask if there’s anything you’d like to know that is not clear. [email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- The Terms of Reference for the Working Group, July 2012
- A preliminary message to Area Teams from the Working Group, July 2012. Note that the postal address of the chairman, Martin Gillham has changed. Note also that the timetable for consultation has been extended, as noted above.
- A summary of the 1999 Review of TSSF
NOTE: the underlined document names are clickable links.
Earlier information (March 2013):
- Chapter set up a Governance Working Group which prepared the Consultation Document. This was sent to all Area Ministers and Area Secretaries in November 2012 and we have had many responses.
- The report to March Chapter is available here, with two appendices.
- Appendix 1 lists the individuals and groups who responded by February.
- Appendix 2 summarizes the responses.
- Chapter’s minute of the discussion of the report is also here;
- full Chapter Minutes for March are available on the usual web page.
Further documents from the Governance Working Group will be placed here in due course.
Chris Petrie, Provincial Communication Co-ordinator